Sunday 25 September 2011

Yeah Racing M-05 Aluminium Steering Set

Continuing on from my last post, the chassis is now built – complete with a new standard Tamiya gearset and rebuilt diff. The two halves have been fixed together and the rear part of the chassis has been attached, being careful to select the right wheelbase according to my preference (MWB). I'm nearly ready to attach the steering assembly.

I’ve also attached the front and rear suspension, making sure that as I tighten the screws to attach the upper and rear lower and upper arms to make sure that the arms swing down freely under their own weight. This will help to ensure that the cars suspension is doing its’ job properly. Finally, I’ve also attached the #54000 TRF Mini Shocks.

I read up on the Tamiya M-05 before I bought mine, taking particular note of Brad Portelli’s build-up tips on the bible of Mini websites, RC-Mini. . The standard M-05 build has very poor steering, and most racers are all agreed that a ballraced steering rack makes the M-05 handle much much more consistently. I chose the Yeah Racing M-05 Steering Set.

 



Next to come will be a ‘double’ post covering the electrics I installed in the M-05 as well as the body I’m currently running.

No comments:

Post a Comment