Sunday 25 September 2011

Mini Racing

Hi and welcome to my blog. This blog is about my experiences in RC racing, in particular the 2WD Mini Class where cars like the Tamiya M-03, M-05, and Xevo Triumph are the dominant chassis. From time to time, I’ll also feature some of the other RC interests I have.

Right now, I’ve just bought a Tamiya M-05 PRO, which is a FWD Mini chassis. I’m intending to build it so my wife and I can race it in the SPC-UK series and the CWIC series later this year.

I’ve already stripped the car down. I found when I stripped the car down that it had a ball diff, the M-05 Ball Diff (#54194) which is a hop-up option for the M-05.  To ensure that the car is built correctly down to the last bolt, I’ve also stripped the diff down – my next post will go through the diff rebuild.

Over the next few weeks, I’ll cover the rest of the build. I’ve bought a few hop-up options for the M-05 that I’m going to fit and I’ll cover these too.

So what can you look forward to? Well amongst other things:

1. Tamiya M-05 Ball Diff (#54194) Rebuild
2. Building the Tamiya M-Chassis Shocks (#54000)
3. Chassis build
4.Aluminium steering rack build
5. Electrics install
6. Body

I hope you enjoy the blog and I also hope what I write is helpful to those of you who like me, are new to the Mini class. My blog is not intended to be a guide to building Minis, it’s purely a record of what I’ve done and what I think. Please feel free to comment on anything you don’t understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment