Sunday 25 September 2011

Tamiya M-05 Pro Electrics & Body

In the last of my posts about the build of my M-05, I'm covering the install of the electrics and the choice of body. In the past I've also raced 1:12 scale circuit so I had a very good ESC ('Speedo') in my pitbox ready to drop into the M-05. That speedo is the Nosram Dominator Evolution, which is getting on a bit now as speedos go, but for a brushed ESC is as good as any other. One downside to it though is that it doesn't have a LiPo cut-off facility..

To get around this, I've also installed the Novak #5470 SmartStop which detects the battery pack voltage - when the battery pack voltage reaches the critical voltage then the SmartStop starts to pulse the throttle, giving you enough time to return to the pits. When the voltage drops further, the SmartStop shuts off the throttle completely.

Bodyshell-wise, I've gone for the HPI 225mm Honda Civic, basically as it's available locally - other shells commonly used are the Suzuki Swift & Fiat 500 Abarth - I would like to find a Suzuki Swift - however, finding these shells is a lot more troublesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment